Welcome

Hi Welcome to the Twilight Universe blogger. This blogger is all about Twilight. The cast, Books, movies, everything, and anything Twilight. And all the latest Twilight news about the cast,ect.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

NEW MOON DVD: CHRIS WEITZ SPEAKS


EW.com’s Hollywood Insider has a great article posted from an interview they got to do with Chris Weitz. Chris talks about the New Moon DVD including his favorite part and finding time to do the commentary, his thoughts on the switch in Eclipse directors, his casts’ new projects and any last hope we have for him working on Breaking Dawn. Check out more below:
Speaking of editors, we recently broke the news that they replaced the Eclipse editor with the editor on the first Twilight movie. What do you think about that? In many cases, movies like this have two editors because of the sheer amount of footage. At the very beginning of the process, I think Summit expected me to have two editors. But I had a huge amount of confidence in Pete — we worked before on a cut of The Golden Compass that never saw the light of day — and in part because I felt I owed him one for sitting with me through my dark night of the soul. I also developed a tremendous respect for him and his judgment. He was the guy I immediately thought of to edit this movie. I also knew that we could handle the load of CGI and making this big tent pole movie and for me it was going to be better to work with one editor.
Any way you’ll direct Breaking Dawn?
If I amass some major gambling debts it could happen. I don’t mean to be glib about it. But here’s the thing: I think it’s gonna be two movies shot as one and it’s such a massive undertaking. I’ve now done two special effects-driven movies, which have almost broken my mind, and I have a two-and-a-half-year-old son. There are so many circumstances that militate against me doing it. Even though I’m tremendously fond of Summit, the studio, which is kind of an amazing thing to say, of Stephenie and of the actors.
What do you think of the actors and all of their upcoming projects?
I’m really proud of Taylor and the success he’s enjoying now. I’m looking forward to all his action movies. I haven’t seen Remember Me but I’m looking forward to seeing it. I have already seen The Yellow Handkerchief and Kristen is great because she’s always great, so I bet The Runaways is going to be fantastic. I’m incredibly pleased for Anna Kendrick. How brilliant is that? It’s really gratifying. They are nice people, I like them and I’m happy to see them do well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails