Welcome

Hi Welcome to the Twilight Universe blogger. This blogger is all about Twilight. The cast, Books, movies, everything, and anything Twilight. And all the latest Twilight news about the cast,ect.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Chaske Spencer Interview


Chaske Spencer Online has an interview with Chaske Spencer.
Check it all out here.
Here is an excerpt:

I was really moved by how touched Julia Jones was during the press conference when she talked about the impact being a part of the Twilight Saga has had on her. How has being a part of something this huge affected you?

Chaske Spencer: “How has it impacted me? The positive side is that there is more of a spotlight so I can bring subjects that I care about into an awareness. I always knew in the back of my mind when this started taking off that I was going to do that. I grew up on three different reservations that were very poverty-stricken. I was very fortunate to get out. So, for me, and I can do it for promoting movies, but it has always been uncomfortable – especially with New Moon and everything coming out – I felt uneasy about it.”
Why did you feel uneasy?
Chaske Spencer: “It’s just not normal. It’s not normal. It’s something that I just don’t find very comfortable doing, but it’s part of the job and I accept that. So I thought I could use it to help people. It’s a platform so I can use that and I can bring things into an awareness, because I’m just an actor. So, for me, what I can do with a really hot franchise is turn the spotlight, so I started thinking about what I could do to help my people out. Instead of going around the world, what about our own back yard? Plus, I’m Native Americans and this is home and where I’m from. I’ve seen a lot of poverty, drug addiction, alcoholism and domestic violence, so for me it’s a way to give back. Plus, it helps keep me balanced. When Julia was talking she got emotional and I was like, ‘Oh man…””

She got choked up.

Chaske Spencer: “She’s a passionate person and an all-around beautiful person.”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails