Welcome

Hi Welcome to the Twilight Universe blogger. This blogger is all about Twilight. The cast, Books, movies, everything, and anything Twilight. And all the latest Twilight news about the cast,ect.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fearnet Exclusive Interview With Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg On Breaking Dawn

Fearnet.com recently spoke with The Twilight Saga screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg.   Melissa talked about Breaking Dawn…….. and feathers.
Jumping forward to Breaking Dawn, where are you in the scripting stage now?
Deep in the center. Kind of right in the first draft mode, dead center in the middle I’d say. Of both [parts]. I’m kind of writing them simultaneously — writing both outlines and then writing both first drafts because we’re shooting them together. [The producers] need things to prep off of, because they have to find locations, so in some ways I’ve been treating it as one film, but on two different pieces of paper. It’s a huge challenge. It’s a lot of pages!
Where exactly do you envision splitting Breaking Dawn into two parts?
We’re still talking about specifically where, but I think there’s kind of a natural break. You have the first half about Bella being human and a newlywed and pregnant, and the second half is about her being a vampire and a parent. I think somewhere in that transition is where it breaks. We’ve tried a couple of things and I think we’re settling on one, [but] we’re not sure.
You and I spoke before about how you stay true to the gory events of Breaking Dawn without going beyond a PG-13 rating. Is that any more of an issue, now that you’re writing it?
You know, I just don’t find that to be a challenge at all, honestly. I worked on Dexter, and I’ve said that pint for pint, there’s more blood on CSI  than there is on Dexter, and yet Dexter is far more disturbing. So I think it’s not about how much gore you see on screen, it’s more about, are you conveying the terror of the scene, the physical pain of the scene? The tension of the scene? I don’t think you need to see gore to know what’s going on, and in some ways I think that’s actually more interesting. And I think that’s true for sex as well. I think the hottest sex scenes I’ve ever seen are more suggestive than they are graphic. So I don’t have an issue with it; I think we can do absolutely everything without having to see specific things.
Just so you know, certain fans of age would like to see lots of pillow-biting and feathers…
[source: Fearnet.com.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails