Welcome

Hi Welcome to the Twilight Universe blogger. This blogger is all about Twilight. The cast, Books, movies, everything, and anything Twilight. And all the latest Twilight news about the cast,ect.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' star Edi Gathegi prepped for the role of his 'dreams' in with 'X-Men'


Edi Gathegi ("Laurent" in Twilight and The Twilight Saga: New Moon) is all prepped and ready to tackle what he has called a "dream" role with X-Men: First Class. According to the Coventry Telegraph, Gathegi spoke of his role ("Darwin") in the film, which was announced at the end of July, to say "All I could think was that I'd achieved one of my dreams. X-Men was hands down my favourite comic book . . I liked a lot of comic books but X-Men was always 'The One.'"
X-Men: First Class isn't the only big picture Gathegi is attached to in the near future. He's also starring in Atlas Shrugged as "Eddie Winters," who he told the Telegraph was more similar to himself than most of the other character he's portrayed, including "Laurent" from Twilight. "I play Eddie Willers, he's essentially the narrator. In many ways he's the heart. I'm more like him than a lot of characters I've played - a 300-year-old vampire for instance."
Gathegi recently did an interview with Aracelli Beers where he discussed his thespian history, revealing that he started out trying to play basketball in college but found theater to be much more intriguing. "I took an acting class thinking it'd be easy, and it turned out to be difficult. But in that moment, I discovered my passion, and I decided this is what I want to do for the rest of my life." You can watch that video interview in full here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails