Welcome

Hi Welcome to the Twilight Universe blogger. This blogger is all about Twilight. The cast, Books, movies, everything, and anything Twilight. And all the latest Twilight news about the cast,ect.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Twilight' star Nikki Reed shares 'True Blood' star's story to raise awareness of Choroideremia


Deborah Ann Woll - Getty Images
Nikki Reed ("Rosalie Hale" in the Twilight Saga)'s website has become an cool resource for her fans since she began it.
One of her latest entries (with photos her brother Nathan took of her) got a lot of attention, but there was one just before that which carried an even more special message: a story about her Catch .44 co-star (and True Blood's "Jessica") Deborah Ann Woll's boyfriend, E.J., and his disease Choroideremia.
"Although she doesn’t want any recognition in this situation," Reed explains, "They both asked if I would post something about his disease, as not many people know about it, and awareness is the key to making a change."
In the post, E.J. tells his story about he learned of his disease and how it is continually affecting his life.
"In 2003 we found out I had it. Since then I lost a lot of my sight. 2/3. Legally blind is less than 20 degrees in each eye. I don’t drive at all now. I moved to LA to be an actor, and I was having so much trouble with my eyes that I moved to Chicago because it’s a city that really supports Improv and it has a better public transportation system. Now I do unscripted ensemble scenic comedy. My team knows that if they do something in my peripheral they may have to do it again, because I probably didn’t see it. That makes improv challenging. I bump into things, and the introduction to the cane was difficult. I don’t leave without it now."
It really is a touching story. Nikki Reed puts it into context, noting that her Twilight series co-stars have been noted to complain about the impact that the color contacts they must wear on set and that E.J.'s story has helped her to realize how marginal that setback is for the cast.
Since the goal of the post was awareness, you should head over to check it out and learn more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails